Aviva Community Fund 2018 Opens for Entries
This is an annual funding competition that offers grants to not-for-profit groups in the UK for projects that make a real difference in their local community and address the categories set by Aviva each year.Applications will be accepted from not-for-profit organisations or groups working for the good of their community, which have been in existence for at least six months and have an income of £1 million or less.To be eligible, projects must make a positive difference to people’s lives and address at least one of the following categories set out for 2018:
- Health and wellbeing for projects helping people take control of their physical and mental health.
- Skills for life for projects to help communities and individuals improve their lives by learning useful new skills, particularly financial literary and digital ones.
- Environment (new for 2018) for community projects trying to improve their natural surroundings and make a positive change to the local area.
The Community Fund operates like a competition, and all projects will be put forward to a public vote. Applicants are, therefore, encouraged to widely promote their projects and gather as much support from their local community as possible.
For 2018, the awards will be distributed as follows:
General awards - groups can apply for one of these four funding levels:
- Up to £1,000 (400 awards)
- Up to £5,000 (78 awards)
- Up to £10,000 (44 awards)
- Up to £25,000 (16 awards)
Insurance broker awards – this is a separate set of awards for projects submitted and supported by an insurance broker. The broker awards are open to any UK based Insurance Broker. It is not necessary to have an existing account or relationship with Aviva to enter into the broker awards.
Additional Awards - £500 will be given to every finalist in the £5,000, £10,000 or £25,000 funding levels that does not win an award.
Customer and employee awards - £200 will be given to the first 1,000 customer entries and the first 1,000 employee entries, if they do not win any of the funding awards.
Crowdfunder UK – Working in partnership with Crowdfunder UK, groups can set up a crowdfunding page to run in parallel with their Aviva Community Fund campaign in order to bring extra funding to their project.
The deadline for entries is 9 October 2018 (12noon).