The NI Executive is now consulting on a Draft Budget for 2022 – 2025.
The consultation questions have been designed to seek views and comments on the key matters contained within the Draft Budget. They are broken into three areas.
Funding Our Budget:
- Should we in Northern Ireland raise more money for public services. If so, how?
- Is it right to freeze our household and business rates at current levels?
- Where should we look to save money through better efficiencies?
Spending Our Budget:
- Do you think we have the right balance between health and other priorities?
- Do you agree with the proposal to direct 2% from other departments to health?
- Do we need to reduce or completely stop delivering any services? If so, what are they and why?
- Do we need to re-direct spending? What needs more funding and where would you take it from?
- Is there anything else you would wish us to know about the draft budget?
Siobhán will be making a Consortium response to this consultation and would welcome any comments or input you have around these questions. Please get in touch with Siobhán at email@example.com.
The deadline for responses to this consultation is Monday 7th March 2022 and it is available here