March was a month of celebration we had International Women’s Day, Women Breaking Barriers Conference and the launch of the Women’s Regional Consortiums first ever Annual General Report.
This year for International Women’s Day, Women Centre Derry hosted a networking event for women consisting of 11 local organisations showcasing a range of services and support available free to women in the Derry City area. This enabled women to engage with organisations in a safe and supportive setting.
The Derry City and Strabane District Council Mayor Graeme Warke and MLA Sinead Mc Laughlin attended the event and our Multi Cultural Women’s Group created an Art Project for Breaking Bias. Everyone who attended received a yellow rose, inspiration keyrings, lunch and a range of promotional leaflets for numerous organisations offering services for women across Derry.
Organisations set up within Women Centre Derry:
- Pink Ladies- Breast Cancer
- Well Woman Centre- Woman’s Wellbeing Support
- Youth Action-Youth Support
- Focus- Creggan Women’s Support
- Community Family Support-Education and Social Support
- Dove House- Welfare Advice
- Surestart- Childcare
- Law Centre NI-Legal Advice & Support
- Me4Mental- Mental Health
- Waterside Women’s Centre
- Brae Clinic- Contraception