The Consortium’s latest research paper with the Ulster University Law Clinic was launched in Ulster University in June. The research paper was full of evidence from women across Northern Ireland on the impact of the Cost-of-Living Crisis on all areas of their lives including their own health, their children, their debts/savings and their caring responsibilities.
Siobhán continues to work with colleagues in Ulster University to discuss the research, findings and recommendations since the launch of the research paper and will continue to lobby for all the recommendations included in the research over the coming months:
- Research Interview with Swansea University around paramilitary lending and Cost-of-Living issues
- APG on UNSCR 1325 – spoke briefly about Women’s Coping Behaviours from the research after sending the summary to all the MLAs on the APG
- Attended launch of Save the Children NI report on Families Experiences of the Social Security System – gave input in group discussions about the findings of the report.
You can read the full copy of the research paper on the Consortium’s website here.
You can also read a summary leaflet about the research and the Key Priority Areas here.
Also included on the Consortium’s website is a document containing quotes from the women who took part in the focus groups for the research organised by subject area which you can read here:
You can listen again to Siobhán speaking about the research in relation to school uniform and other school costs on BBC On Your Behalf here:
Siobhán has been working with a student, Anna Monaghan, to produce a series of shorter summaries from the research focusing on specific areas as follows:
- Unpaid Care
- Mental Health
- Costs of Education
- Debt & Savings
- Women’s Coping Behaviours
- What Politicians Should Do
- Value of Women’s Centres (yet to be published)
All of the summaries with the exception of the Value of Women’s Centres have been published on the Women’s Regional Consortium website. Siobhán has sent the summaries to the relevant MLAs from All Party Groups and from departmental Committees. Siobhán wants to thank Anna for her invaluable help in this work.
You can download the published summaries from the Consortium website here and we encourage Consortium members to use these in policy and lobbying work: